Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

My camera, your pictures?

So I've always wondered about crediting pictures and how that works. I think different people have different styles... When an online magazine or website or whatever uses one of my pics from my flickr page or from my website, I ask that they link the picture back to my page, and possibly credit me, i.e. "Picture by Adib Roy".

But what happens when someone picks up one of ur cameras and starts shooting, at a wedding or a party or something? Are those pictures yours? Are they the photographers'? Does it even matter? So could the person take the picture if the camera/lens wasnt what it was? Can anyone take good pictures with a "good camera" (whatever that means)... Endless questions... :op

5 comments:

  1. coocoo!! proved right there :P!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't matter what camera you give me, there's no way I can take photos like you. You have to have an eye for these things. You're welcome to pass my photos on your camera off as yours, but you might not actually want to... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who has picked up your camera at a wedding the pictures are DEFINITELY still yours! If a single one of my pictures came out it is ONLY because your camera is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At this point I would like to contradict Shira. If someone picks up my camera, it's definitely this persons pictures. No matter what camera you use, it's still the photographers point of view or composition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The person who picks up the camera, creates that composition and wants to portray what they see! a good photographer is an artist and has the eye to see beautiful compositions and unique views of seemingly ordinary things. A good camera is a tool to enhance this idea! :) Thus whoever takes the picture is who the picture belongs to! :) it is their vision...

    ReplyDelete